The Air Quality Egg (version 2) is a sensor system designed to collect readings of particulate pollution in μg/m3, either indoors or outdoors. The sensor system also monitors temperature and humidity.
Principle of Operation
The Air Quality Egg v.2 by WickedDevice carries an optical particulate sensor (model PPD 60 by Shinyei Technology) that can measure particles between 0.5 and 10 μm such as pollen, spores, dust mites, smog, cigarette smoke, settling dust and atmospheric dust.
- Dimensions: 140 x 140 x 85 (mm)
- Weight: 7 oz
- Battery: No
- Power supply: 5v USB or Micro-USB (> 500 mA) phone charger
- Sampling mechanism: Fan
- Environmental operating conditions: 0 to 40 oC and 0 to 95 % RH
- Sensor response time: Maximum of 30 seconds
- Data readings: LCD screen
- Data logging: WiFi and data is published to airqualityegg.com and also toopensensors.io.
- Data transfer frequency: 5 seconds
- Data visualization: Yes (website)
- Typical max sensor response time: 30 seconds
- Transmission range: 704 meters
- Sensor life expectancy: 3 years
- Weatherproof: No
• Indoor air monitoring
• Outdoor air monitoring
Developer's product webpage