Speck is an air quality monitor that detects fine particulate matter in indoor environments and provides information about trends and changes in particle concentration. Speck Personal Fine Particulate Monitor measures particles between 0.5 and 3.0 micrometers.
Principle of Operation
Speck is an optical sensor that measures the current concentration of fine particles in the air. The default is a count-based concentration—the number of particles per liter of air (ppl). Alternatively, the Speck can report the fine particle concentration based on an estimate of particle weight (mass) where the units are micrograms per cubic meter of air (μg/m3).
• Dimensions: 11.4 (W) x 8.9 (H) x 9.4 (D) in cm
• Weight: 5.8 oz
• Power supply: Micro USB, 5V 500mA
• Connectivity: USB 2.0 through Chrome app, Wi-Fi b/g
• Supported wireless encryption: Unsecured, WEP, WPA, WPA2 personal
• On-board data storage: Two years at 1 sample per minute
• Sampling interval: 5 seconds to 4 minutes (default 1 minute)
• Environmental operating range: -10 ~ +65 °C, < 95% RH without condensation
• Additional on-board sensors: Temperature
• Indoor Air Quality
Manufacturer's product webpage