Smart Citizen is an open-source sensing platform, designed by Fab Lab Barcelona, that collects ambient data of CO, NO2, temperature, humidity, light intensity and noise.
Principle of Operation
The Smart Citizen Kit consists of 3 printed-circuit boards: an interchangeable daughterboard or shield, an Arduino-compatible, data-processing board and the "Ambient Board" that carries sensors to measure environmental parameters. CO and NO2 sensors are metal-oxide gas sensors.
- Dimensions: 65 x 75 x 50 mm
- Weight: 120 g
- Battery: Yes (3.7v 2000mah lithium battery)
- Power supply: Yes (micro usb power cable)
- Sensor lifetime:N/A
- Clock function: Yes (Real time clock which requires CR1220 button battery)
- Sampling mechanism: Passive
- Environmental operating conditions: N/A
- Internal data logging: Yes (Micro SD card)
- PC data logging: Yes (Wifi)
- Communications: WiFi
- Weatherproof: No
Manufacturer's product webpage