Background on Rule 1186.1 - Less-Polluting Sweepers
To reduce air toxic and criteria pollutant emissions, this rule requires certain public and private sweeper fleet operators to acquire alternative-fuel or otherwise less-polluting sweepers when purchasing or leasing these vehicles for sweeping operations undertaken by or for government entities in the jurisdiction of the SCAQMD.
- This rule applies to:
- Any federal, state, county, city, or governmental department or agency
- Any special district (such as water, air, sanitation, transit, and school districts)
- Any private individual firm, association, franchise, contractor, user, or owner (who provides sweeping services to a government agency)
- Any of which owns or leases 15 or more vehicles including passenger cars, light-duty trucks, and medium- and heavy-duty on-road vehicles.
- This rule applies to the acquisition of sweepers over 14,000 pounds-gross vehicle weight rating. The rule exempts the acquisition manufacturer evaluation/test vehicles.
If you need assistance in completing this application, Form 1196-1186.1 TICR, please call the Mobile Source Strategies Unit at 909-396-3044. After completing the form, print, sign, and submit the application with required fee to:
South Coast AQMD
TAO - Mobile Source Strategies
21865 Copley Drive
Diamond Bar, CA 91765-4182
Incentive Funding Programs
- CARB Funding Resource Pages:
Other Links for Finding Fueling Stations
For more information on the fleet rules, call the Fleet Rule Implementation Hotline at 909-396-3044 or e-mail email@example.com.