Interested in funding from the Combustion Freight and Marine Projects category?
APPLY TO REPLACE OR REPOWER:
*Including waste haulers, dump trucks, & concrete mixers
Sign up for the Combustion Freight & Marine Projects webinar
February 4 – 11:00 a.m. PST
Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Trust
The Volkswagen (VW) Mitigation Trust (also known as the Trust or Mitigation Trust) was established as part of a settlement with Volkswagen for their role in utilizing illegal defeat devices in certain 2.0 and 3.0 liter VW vehicles that resulted in excess emissions. The Trust will provide funding to mitigate these excess emissions through the replacement or repower of older, heavy-duty vehicles, engines and equipment with zero emission and other clean technologies.
Solicitation Open: December 6, 2019
Solicitation Close: 1:00 PM, March 4, 2020
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Copy of title (or proof of ownership for locomotive and marine)
- 24 Months of Vehicle Registration Documentation
- 24 Months of Vehicle Insurance Documentation
- Vendor Quote for vehicle/equipment/engine replacement/repower
- Existing and new vehicle/equipment/engine information
- Photos and documentation supporting vehicle/equipment/engine information
- 24 months of records showing odometer readings, hour meter readings, or fuel usage
- Six required Business Documents
For detailed vehicle/equipment application and supporting documentation checklists, see Resources below.
BASIC PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Ownership: Proof of ownership for at least two years.
- Operation: Operate old and new vehicle/equipment at least 90% of the time within California.
- Scrapping: Existing vehicle/equipment/engine must be scrapped.
- Certification: New vehicle/equipment/engine must be certified or verified by the U.S. EPA or CARB.
- Reporting: Applicants granted an award must submit annual usage reports for the term of the contract.
COMBUSTION CATEGORY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND AWARD LIMITS
Find the Combustion Category eligibility criteria and award limits here.