CalEEMod (Version 2016.3.2) was programmed by Trinity using Microsoft SQL Compact Edition in conjunction with a Visual Basic Graphical User Interface (GUI). CalEEMod requires the following system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 8 or 10 Operating System with Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, or 7 Operating System with Microsoft .Net Framework 4 or higher
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2
- Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable, 32-bit
- 300 Mb hard drive space available
Microsoft.Net framework 4.0 or higher is available free from Microsoft at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851
Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 (includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0) is available free from Microsoft at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21
Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 is available free from Microsoft at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5783
To install CalEEMod Version 2016.3.2:
- Previously, only one version of CalEEMod could be installed on your computer at a time. However, now you can have both versions CalEEMod (Version 2013.2.2 and Version 2016.3.1) installed. (It is important to note that projects created using Version 2013.2.2 are not compatible with Version 2016.3.1 and you will need to create a new project in Version 2016.3.1).
If your computer currently has CalEEMod Version 2013.2.2, and you would like to continue to keep it on your computer while also having Version 2016.3.1 installed, you will first need to change the CalEEMod 2013.2.2 desktop-shortcut icon name to “CalEEMod2013”. CalEEMod 2016.3.1 should be saved in a different folder from CalEEMod Version 2013.2.2.
If you only want one version of CalEEMod installed on your computer, you will need to first uninstall any previous versions of CalEEMod before installing CalEEMod Version 2016.3.1. For most computers, to uninstall, go to Settings, Control Panel, Programs and Features, highlight CalEEMod and then click “Uninstall.”
- Verify that you have the required Microsoft .Net framework installed on your machine. Also, for 32-bit computers, you will need to install SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi. For a 64-bit computer, you will need to install both the 32-bit and the 64-bit version of the SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 msi files because the existing SQL Server Compact 3.5 applications may fail if only the 32-bit version of the .msi file is installed on the 64-bit computer.
- CalEEMod Version 2016.3.1 can be installed by downloading the following file: CalEEMod2016.3.1.exe by clicking on the file and following the instructions. The User’s Guide, pages 5 through 7, has screen shots of the CalEEMod InstallShield Wizard.
- The default directory for CalEEMod is C:\CalEEMod\. To select an alternative directory location, choose Custom Installation. If you use Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10, file privileges may not allow access rights to some folders during program operations such as C:\Program Files\.
- Click Next until the installation has completed, then click Finish to exit the installer.
- If you have any further trouble installing CalEEMod, verify that you have appropriate user privileges and that your computer meets the operating system requirements.
- Consult the User's Guide for further details regarding the downloading procedures and troubleshooting.
Archive: previous CalEEMod Version 2013.2.2