CalEEMod (Version 2016.3.2) was programmed by Trinity using Microsoft SQL Compact Edition in conjunction with a Visual Basic Graphical User Interface (GUI).
CalEEMod requires the following system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 8 or 10 Operating System with Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, or 7 Operating System with Microsoft .Net Framework 4 or higher
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2
- Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable, 32-bit
- 300 Mb hard drive space available
To install Version 2016.3.2:
- Ensure you have the required Microsoft .Net framework installed on your machine.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is available for free from Microsoft at: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net35-sp1.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or higher is available free from Microsoft at: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net40.
Once the file is downloaded, unzip the file anywhere on your computer and run the installation file (setup.exe) and follow the instructions on Microsoft’s website to locate the appropriate .msi file.
- To install Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2:
- STEP 1: Download the installation file (https://www.aqmd.gov/docs/default-source/caleemod/ssceruntime-enu).
- STEP 2: Double click on SSCERuntime-ENU.exe to extract two “.msi” files: SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi and SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi;
- STEP 3: Double click on SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi to install the 32-bit version of the SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2;
- STEP 4: If your computer is 64-bit computer, double click on SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi to install the 64-bit version of the SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2.
- To install 32-bit Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable, go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255&751be11f-ede8-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6=True, click on 'Download', select “AccessDatabaseEngine.exe” (25.3 MB), and click on 'Next'. Once this file is downloaded, double click on “AccessDatabaseEngine.exe” file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
- From www.CalEEMod.com, download the installation file (CalEEMod.WixSetup 2016.3.2.25), click on the file and follow the instructions. Pages 6 through 8 show screen shots of the CalEEMod Windows Installer XML (WiX) Setup Wizard.
CalEEMod version 2016.3.2 can be installed side by side with version 2016.3.1 provided that each version is installed in different folders. If you want to run CalEEMod version 2016.3.2 side by side with CalEEMod version 2016.3.1, but CalEEMod version 2016.3.1 is already installed in C:\Program Files\CAPCOA\CalEEMod on a 32-bit computer or C:\Program Files (x86)\CAPCOA\CalEEMod on a 64-bit computer, click on 'Change' to change the destination folder.
- For a 32-bit computer, the default directory for CalEEMod version 2016.3.2 is C:\Program Files\CAPCOA\CalEEMod;
- For a 64-bit computer, the default directory for CalEEMod version 2016.3.2 is C:\Program Files (x86)\CAPCOA\CalEEMod.
Please note that if you use Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10, file privileges may not allow access rights to some folders during program operations such as C:\Program Files\.
- Click 'Next' until the installation has completed, then click 'Finish' to exit the installer.
- If you have any further trouble installing CalEEMod, verify that you have appropriate user privileges and that your computer meets the operating system requirements.