The Edimax AirBox sensor (Model AI-1001W) provides real-time measurements of PM2.5, temperature and relative humidity. The data is collected, processed and analyzed in Edimax's advanced cloud system and can be viewed on the EdiGreen mobile application.
Principle of Operation
The Edimax AirBox uses a Plantower PMS5003 laser particle counter, where laser beams detect particles going past by their reflectivity. These sensors count suspended particles in sizes of 0.3, 0.5, 1.0, 2.5, 5.0 and 10 µm. These particle counts are processed by the sensor using a complex algorithm to calculate the PM1.0, PM2.5 & PM10 mass in µg/m3. PMS5003 sensors come factory calibrated.
- Dimensions: 150 (L) x 110 (W) x 47 (D) (mm)
- Weight: 210 g
- Power supply: Yes (micro USB power adapter, DC 5V 1A)
- Sensor lifetime: N/A
- Clock function: no
- Sampling mechanism: Fan
- Environmental operating conditions: 0 to 50 °C
- Internal data logging: N/A
- Data communication and logging: cloud-based with iOS and Android applications
- Weatherproof: No, sensor must be installed in well ventilated, semi-outdoor spaces
Developer's Product Webpage
- Air Quality Monitoring
- Smart City Application