Upon request, documents in appropriate alternative formats will be made available to assist persons with a disability (Govt. Code Section 54954.2(a)).To obtain copies, contact the Public Information Center by phone at (909) 396-2039, by email, or visit the booth in the lobby in our Headquarters at 21865 Copley Drive, Diamond Bar, CA 91765.
To receive Governing Board or Hearing Board minutes, committee meeting notices, or other documents by mail or in an alternative format, send your request to the Clerk of the Board or call (909) 396-2500.
Disability-related accommodations will also be made available to allow participation in SCAQMD meetings. Any accommodations must be requested as soon as practicable. Requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible. Please contact the staff liaison for the Group or Committee you plan to participate in.
The South Coast Air Quality Management District is committed to making its website, www.aqmd.gov, as accessible as possible for all users, including those with disabilities. To simplify access, the website has a consistent navigation scheme and simplified layout. The website was also designed with cascading style sheets to ensure the page layout is consistent. The navigation menu can be accessed without a mouse by pressing the tab and arrow keys. Photos and graphics on the website have “alt attributes” which allow screen readers to read the image content description. We welcome comments on how to improve the site's accessibility for users with disabilities. To send a comment or suggestion, please use our Website Feedback form.
The SCAQMD website is maintained with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
Browser Specific Accessibility Tools
- This site was designed for compatibility with modern website browsers and works best with Internet Explorer 8 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox version 10.0 and above, Apple Safari version 3.0 and above, and Opera 10.0 and above. If you are experiencing problems with the site, you may wish to update your browser.
- The fonts used in the site's stylesheet were selected for their easy legibility and adjustable size.
- Where colors are used to organize information, there are also other, non-color-dependent ways of doing this, for example, from context.
- Testing and optimization for users with vision loss are conducted with JAWS screen reader.
- SCAQMD is not a federal agency, and thus, is not subject to federal Section 508 website accessibility standards. However, our goal is to provide ease of access to the information and data on our website to as many users as possible, and we are working to apply the standards to our site.
- Microsoft Office's Excel, Word and PowerPoint viewers are required to view XLS, DOC and PPT files and attachments used on this website. Adobe Acrobat is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website. To download free versions of these viewers please visit the Manufacturer's sites:
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools: Adobe Acrobat Accessibility Tools
To read PDF documents with a screen reader please visit Adobe's Accessibility page
for tools and resources.