Share:

Rule 1148.2 Electronic Notification and Reporting Portal - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Welcome to the SCAQMD Rule 1148.2 Electronic Notification and Reporting Portal FAQs webpage. This webpage will help you find assistance and information for common questions that may arise while utilizing this site to submit a Rule 1148.2 Well Drilling, Completion, or Rework Notification or Report.  If you are unable to find the information needed on this page, you may obtain further assistance by sending a request for support to Rule1148.2@aqmd.gov.

1. How do I create an account so I can start using the Electronic Notification and Reporting Portal?

2. I submitted the Account Activation information, but I have not yet received a confirmation email from the SCAQMD.  What should I do next?

3. Will I be required to periodically change my password?

4. Why am I required to login each time I open a new Notification or Reporting form?

5. Why did the system "log out" while I stepped away from my computer?

6. Where can I find the "Event ID" for a particular well activity?

7. Why won't the system allow me to submit my Chemical Report?

8. Can I save a partially completed Notification or Reporting form?

9. How do I print my completed Notification or Reporting form?

10. Can I update a previously submitted Notification form?

11. Can I update a previously submitted Chemical Report?

12. Can I copy a previously submitted or saved Chemical Report?

1. How do I create an account so I can start using the Electronic Notification and Reporting Portal? 

To set up an account, go to the “Manage Accounts” tab at the top of the webpage and select “Create Account” from the dropdown list.  Enter all of the required information in the form fields, then read the “User Agreement” section of the form.  If you agree to the Use Conditions, click the “checkbox” in the “User Agreement” section of the form, then click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form.  After the Account Activation Information has been submitted, you will receive an email message from the SCAQMD confirming your registration and providing further account activation instructions.

1. I submitted the Account Activation information, but I have not yet received a confirmation email from the SCAQMD.  What should I do next?

Depending on SCAQMD website conditions, it may take a few moments for the automatically-generated Account Activation confirmation message to be sent.  If you have not received an Account Activation confirmation email after submitting your account request, you may try the following:  1) Verify that the email address you provided is valid; 2) Verify that the email address that you are using to check account activation confirmation with is exactly the same as the email address entered/used when creating the account; 3) You may “refresh” your email Inbox to check for any new messages.  If using Microsoft Outlook, go to the “Tools” menu and select “Send/Receive All” to check for new incoming messages; 4) Check your email client’s “Spam” or “Junk Mail” folder and add the following email address to your email client’s “Safe Senders” list:  Rule1148.2@aqmd.gov.  For detailed instructions on how to do this, refer to your email client’s “Help” page; 4) Try re-entering your User and Company information in a new Account Activation Form, paying close attention to the correct spelling of your email address.

Shortly after submitting your Account Activation request, you will receive an automatically-generated confirmation message from the SCAQMD.  In order to complete the Account Activation process, you must reply to the confirmation email sender.  Following your reply to the confirmation email, you will receive another automatically-generated email message from the SCAQMD acknowledging your completion of the Account Activation process.

If you continue to have issues with the Account Activation process, send a request for support to Rule1148.2@aqmd.gov.

1. Will I be required to periodically change my password?

Currently, the online portal does not require periodic updating of an account password.  Users are only required to create the password once with it conforming to the following format:  1) must be between 8 and 20 characters, 2) must contain at least one lower case and one upper case letter, 3) must contain one numerical digit, and 4) must contain one special character (e.g., @!$%^).

1. Why am I required to login each time I open a new Notification or Reporting form?

The current software version requires users to enter a valid “User ID” and password each time they attempt to access a new Notification, Emission Source Report, or Chemical Report Form.  The SCAQMD staff are investigating future software updates that may modify this feature.  Users are reminded that they may save their work in progress by clicking the “Save” button on the bottom of the form to avoid losing any unsaved data while filling out the forms. 

1. Why did the system “log out” while I stepped away from my computer?

For security purposes, the system will automatically “log out” a user if there is no user activity on the Portal for more than 20 minutes.  Users are reminded to frequently save their work in progress by clicking the “Save” button on the bottom of the form to avoid losing any unsaved data while filling out the forms.  Always be sure to save any partially completed forms before proceeding to another webpage (i.e., clicking the “back” or “Home” buttons).

1. Where can I find the "Event ID" for a particular well activity?

An “Event ID” number is a unique identification number that is generated for each Rule 1148.2 Well Drilling, Completion, or Rework Notification Form submitted to the SCAQMD.  For Operators submitting an initial well drilling/completion/rework Notification Form, the “Event ID” number will be included in a Notification Form confirmation email sent by the SCAQMD following submittal of the form.  An “Event ID” number is required in order complete a Chemical Report.   If you do not have the Event ID number for the well activity for which you are reporting equipment and/or chemical information, you may search for it here.

To search for an Event ID number for a particular Notification Form, click on the tab labeled “Event Search”.  Please provide information into one or more of the search fields in the search form.  Once the desired fields are entered, click the search button.  The Event ID number will be displayed in the first column of the search results.  Additional details from a Notification Form may be viewed by clicking the event in the search results.  The original Notification Form may be viewed by clicking the “View Document” link for the subject event.

1. Why won’t the system allow me to submit my Chemical Report?

The forms will not allow a user to submit a Chemical Report form until all of the required information [fields denoted with an asterisk (*)] has been entered.  If you tried to click the “Submit” button, but the function is locked, please review the form to ensure that all required fields have been populated with the appropriate information.

1. Can I save a partially completed Notification or Reporting form?

Yes.  To save a partially completed Notification or Reporting form, the form must have certain fields completed before being allowed to save.  For Chemical Reporting forms, all fields for the general information and at least one Non-Trade Secret chemical must be completed before you will be able to save the form.  Once you have entered the required information, scroll to the bottom of the form and click the “Save” button.  After saving your information for the first time, you will be exited from the Reporting Portal.  After saving the form, you will receive a confirmation email containing a link that will enable you to access the saved form.  In addition, upon subsequent login to the Portal, your saved form will be available for further data input and submittal by clicking on the "Edit Saved Report" button.  Always be sure to save any partially completed forms before proceeding to another webpage (i.e., clicking the “back” or “Home” buttons).  Save attempts at this point will not automatically exit you out of the form, and you may continue to work on the form or close it to work on later.  After you have finished entering all of the required information, please be sure to click the “Submit” button to send the completed form to SCAQMD.

1. How do I print my completed Notification or Reporting form?

After successfully completing and submitting a Notification Form or Chemical Report, you will receive an email message from the SCAQMD containing a web link which will allow you to view/print your completed form.  When you receive the completion email, click the included link to open an internet browser window.  You will be required to log-in to your Rule 1148.2 Portal account in order to access the completed form.  After logging into your account, your competed form will be viewable.  If using a window-based web browser, press the "Control" and "P" keys on your keyboard to print a copy of the form.

1. Can I update a previously submitted Notification form?

Yes.  Any changes to information contained in the “Description of Well Activities” or “Nearest Sensitive Receptor Within 1,500 feet of Well” sections of the Notification Form may be updated by submitting a new Notification Form with the “Notification Type” identified as or “Revision- Other” (in addition to entering the “Event ID” number for the original or latest Notification Form).  When submitting a revision to a previously submitted Notification, you will be issued a new Event ID number.  Changes to specific information in the “Well Information” section of the form such as Well Name/ID, API Well Number, County, City, and Zip Code cannot be revised.  

1. Can I update a previously submitted Chemical Report?

The current software version does not allow the revision of previously submitted Chemical Reports.   To update a previously submitted Chemical Report, create a "new" Chemical Report.   After you submit the "new" report with the revised information, send an email to Rule1148.2@aqmd.gov and provide the "Event ID" for both the original and new report, the well number, and your contact information (name, phone, and email).  AQMD staff will then void the originally submitted form.

1. Can I copy a previously submitted Chemical Report?

Yes.  To copy information from a submitted or saved report, first go to the Chemical Report entry page (depending on which type of report you wish to copy from) by clicking the appropriate link on the Portal title bar.  To copy information from a report that has been saved but not submitted, click the link titled "Edit SAVED Report."  To copy information from a report that has been completed and submitted to the SCAQMD, click the link titled "View COMPLETED Report."  Select the report to be copied by left-clicking the item in the provided list.  Next, right-click on the item in the list, then select "Worklflow", then "System Tasks", then click the "OK" button.  Once the information has been copied, a notification message will appear, stating that the task was completed.  To view the copied information, go to Chemical Report entry page and select "Edit SAVED Report."  The copied report may be viewed by double-clicking the item on the list of saved reports.  Once you have opened the copied form, you may begin entering additional data or modifying the copied data.

Note:  the copy feature will not work on copying forms submitted prior to September 4, 2015 to those submitted after this date.  This corresponds to the amendment date of Rule 1148.2 which required new chemical report forms.  The older forms are not compatible with the new forms and cannot be copied.  However, new chemical report forms completed after September 4, 2015, maybe copied using the process subscribed in this section.

[Return to Top]

You may also like ...

Newsletter Sign Up
Periodic newsletter updates via Email on a variety of air quality-related topics

South Coast Air Quality Management District

21865 Copley Dr, Diamond Bar, CA 91765

909-396-2000

© 2024 South Coast Air Quality Management District