Dust Control in the Coachella Valley (Rule 403 & 403.1)
This three and one half hour training class provides attendees with a comprehensive overview of AQMD dust control requirements, local jurisdiction ordinance requirements and current strategies for preventing, mitigating and controlling the release of airborne particulate matter (dust) emissions from man-made activities conducted within the Coachella Valley. Topics covered during the training class include:
- Local Ordinance Requirements
- Rule 403 (Fugitive Dust)
- Rule 403.1 (Supplemental Fugitive Dust Control Requirements For Coachella Valley Sources)
- AQMD Dust Control Plan Guidelines and Approval Process
- Rule 401 (Visible Emissions)
- Rule 402 (Public Nuisance)
All attendees successfully completing the training class will receive a certificate of completion. The certification is valid for 2 years.
Who Should Attend?
Dust control supervisors who oversee sites containing 5,000 square feet or more of disturbed surface area in the Coachella Valley are required to successfully complete this training class.
This class also provides helpful information for City Managers, Public Works Officers, City Planners, City Engineers, Builders, Large Site Landscapers, Landfill Operators, Developers and Contractors, all of whom are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Pre-registration is required to attend this training; no walk-in registrations.
- This training is provided at no cost.
- To register, fax request to 909-396-2608 or email to email@example.com and provide the following information for each attendee: name, address, company name, phone and the date of the training class being requested. If you have previously attended class, please provide previous ID#. You will receive a confirmation via email.
- This course is held from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at C.V.A.G (Room 115), 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., Palm Desert, CA, 92260.
Next Available Classes:
- This class is offered on every third Thursday of the month from January through November. No classes are held during the month of December.